Brand Name Choices
What Zantac is and what it is used for
This medicine contains Ranitidine Hydrochloride, which belongs to a group of medicines called histamine H2 antagonists. They work by reducing the amount of acid in your stomach. It can be used to relieve the symptoms of indigestion and heartburn caused by too much acid in the stomach.
How to take Zantac
Check the foil is not broken before use. If it is, do not take that tablet. Age How many to take How often to take it Adults and adolescents of 16 years and over One tablet When you need to, in the day or night. Don’t take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not give to children and adolescents under 16 years. Do not take more than the amount recommended above. Do not take this medicine continuously for more than 6 days. If your symptoms get worse at any time see your doctor. If your symptoms last for more than 6 days see your doctor. Do not buy a second pack of these tablets without asking for advice from your pharmacist or doctor. ! If you take too many tablets: Go to your nearest hospital casualty department. Take your medicine and this leaflet with you.
Possible side effects
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some.
! If you get any of these serious side effects, stop taking the tablets. See a doctor at
• Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat, chest pain, unexplained fever, fainting (severe allergic reactions)
• Fast, slow or irregular heartbeat
• Severe stomach pain (this may be caused by a swollen pancreas) These effects are rare and happen to one person in 1000 to 10,000 who take this medicine. These other effects are less serious. If they bother you talk to a pharmacist:
• Muscle or joint pain
• Unusual bruising, or infections such as sore throats – this may be a sign of very rare changes in the blood
• Confusion, agitation, depression, hallucinations (these happen more often if you are elderly or severely ill)
• Feeling sick, diarrhoea, constipation
• Headache (sometimes severe), dizziness, fatigue and rarely blurred vision
• Skin rash, which can sometimes be severe, itchy skin, hair loss
• Yellowing of the skin or eyes
• Swollen or tender breasts in men
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Zantac
Do not store above 25°C. Keep in the original carton and protect from light. Keep this medicine in a safe place out of the sight and reach of children, preferably in a locked cupboard. Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Zantac vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.