Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Opticrom (Cromolyn Sodium)
What Opticrom is and what it is used for
This medicine contains a medicine called sodium cromoglicate.
This belongs to a group of medicines called anti-allergics.
It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your eyes that can lead to
an allergic reaction. Signs of an allergic reaction include itchy, watery, red or inflamed
eyes and puffy eyelids.
This medicine is used for the prevention and treatment of eye allergies.
These allergies can happen:
• At any time of the year and is called ‘perennial allergic conjunctivitis’.
• In different seasons of the year caused by different pollens. This is called ‘seasonal allergic conjunctivitis’ or hay fever
How to take Opticrom
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or
pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
How to use this medicine
• Wash your hands.
• Before using the medication for the first time, be sure that the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is unbroken. A gap between the bottle and the cap is normal for an unopened bottle.
• Remove the cap from the bottle.
• Tilt your head back.
• Squeeze one or two drops inside the lower lid without touching your eye.
• Close your eye.
• Wipe away any excess liquid from the eyes with a clean tissue.
• Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it.
• Repeat in the other eye if needed. How much to use
• One or two drops in each eye four times a day, or as directed by your doctor.
• If your symptoms worsen or do not improve, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. If you use more medicine than you should Contact your doctor if you use the eye drops more frequently than the recommended dose, or continuously for more than three months. If you forget to use this medicine If you forget a dose, use your drops as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not use a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop using this medicine You should keep using these drops if you are still around the things that you are allergic to. If you stop using this medicine your allergy symptoms may come back. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody
Stop using this medicine and see a doctor as soon as possible if:
• The itching, redness or swelling gets worse. You may be allergic to these drops. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects get serious or last longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet:
• Stinging or burning in your eyes or blurring of eyesight. This should only last for a short time and occurs immediately after using the eye drops.
• Mild eye irritation.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme (Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Opticrom
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. This medicine does not require any special storage conditions before opening the bottle and after opening the bottle, do not store above 25°C. This medicine is sterile when you buy it, so you must not keep it for more than four weeks after opening the bottle. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 to 3 weeks in North America and 4 to 6 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Opticrom vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.