What Norvasc is and what it is used for
Amlodipine Tablets contain the active substance amlodipine which belongs
to a group of medicines called calcium antagonists.Amlodipine Tablets may be used to treat:
• high blood pressure (hypertension); and
• a certain type of chest pain called angina, a rare form of which is Prinzmetal’s or variant angina. In patients with high blood pressure, these medicines work by relaxing blood vessels, so that blood passes through them more easily. In patients with angina, amlodipine works by improving blood supply to the heart muscle which then receives more oxygen and as a result chest pain is prevented. Amlodipine Tablets do not immediately relieve chest pain caused by angina.
How to take Norvasc
Swallow these tablets with a glass of water at the same time each day. You can take the tablets either before or after meals. Follow your doctor’s instructions. Check the pharmacy label to see how many tablets to take and how often to take them. If you are still not sure, ask your pharmacist or doctor. The usual doses are described below. Adults One 5mg tablet once a day. Your doctor may increase the dose to one 10mg tablet once a day. Children and adolescents For children and adolescents, (6-17 years old), the recommended usual starting dose is 2.5mg a day. The maximum recommended dose is 5mg a day. Amlodipine 2.5mg is not currently available and the 2.5mg dose cannot be obtained with Amlodipine 5mg or 10mg Tablets as these tablets are not manufactured to break into two equal halves. Elderly As for adults (one 5mg tablet a day). Your doctor will closely monitor your response to any increase in the dose. Patients with liver disease Your doctor may give you a different dose to normal. If you take more Amlodipine Tablets than you should If you (or someone else) swallow a lot of tablets all together, or if you think a child has swallowed any of the tablets, contact your nearest hospital casualty department or your doctor immediately. Take your medication and the packaging with you to the doctor or casualty department. If you havetaken an overdose, you may appear flushed (your skin will look red), or you may feel dizzy or faint. If blood pressure drop is severe enough shock can occur. Your skin could feel cool or clammy and you could lose consciousness. If you forget to take Amlodipine Tablets If you forget to take a tablet, take one as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time to take the next one. Never take two doses together. Take the remaining doses at the correct time. If you stop taking Amlodipine Tablets Take this medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to, as you may become unwell if you stop
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Amlodipine Tablets can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them.
If any of the following reactions happen, stop taking Amlodipine
Tablets and tell your doctor immediately or contact the casualty
department at your nearest hospital:
• swelling of the eyelids, face, lips
• swelling of the tongue and throat which causes great difficulty breathing
• sudden wheeziness, chest pain, difficulty breathing or swallowing
• severe skin reactions including itching, rash, peeling of the skin and extensive reddening, blistering or swelling of the skin, inflammation of mucous membranes (Stevens-Johnson syndrome) or other allergic reactions
• heart attack, abnormal heart beat,
• inflamed pancreas which can cause severe abdominal and back pain accompanied with feeling very unwell. Other known side effects are as follows. Tell your doctor if you notice or are worried by any of the side effects listed.
Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
• headache, drowsiness, dizziness (especially at the start of treatment)
• flushing of the face and feeling hot
• feeling sick, stomach ache
• palpitations (irregular or forceful heart beat)
• swollen ankles
Uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000)
• enlargement or discomfort of the breasts in men
• a general feeling of being unwell, weakness
• change in taste, dry mouth
• involuntary shakiness, numbness, tingling or pins and needles
• loss of pain sensation
• increased sweating
• sight problems, double vision
• problems sleeping, irritability, depression, mood changes
• low blood pressure
• sneezing/runny nose caused by inflammation of the lining of the nose (rhinitis)
• being sick, diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion
• itchy skin, red patches on skin, skin discolouration
• hair loss
• muscle cramps, back, muscle or joint pain
• passing urine more often, night time urinating
• inability to obtain an erection
• weight loss or gain
• ringing in the ears
Rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000)
Very rare (affects less than 1 user in 10,000
How to Store Norvasc
Do not use the tablets after the end of the expiry month (use-by date) shown on the product packaging. Do not store the tablets above 30°C. Store in the original package. KEEP THIS MEDICINE OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 to 3 weeks in North America and 4 to 6 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Norvasc vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.