Brand Name Choices
What Minocin is and what it is used for
Aknemin is one of a group of antibiotics called tetracyclines. These are used in the treatment of acne, and for other bacterial infections. Acne is a common condition caused by an over production of the skin's sebum. It blocks pores causing blackheads. These become infected with bacteria. Then the surrounding skin gets inflamed causing acne spots. Aknemin reduces the inflammation and allows spots to heal.
How to take Minocin
Take Aknemin exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• The usual dose for the treatment of acne is one capsule taken each day.
• If you are being treated for a problem other than acne your doctor may prescribe a different dose.
• Children above 12 years: the normal dose is one capsule taken each day.
• The Elderly: Aknemin may be used at the normal recommended dosage but caution is advised in patients with kidney problems. Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water. It doesn’t matter whether you take it with food or on an empty stomach. The blister pack is printed with days of the week to help you remember to take your Aknemin. Choose times when you are likely to best remember such as breakfast time or tea time. As with all capsules the patient should be in an upright position when taking Aknemin. Duration of treatment Your doctor will tell you how long to take Aknemin.
• If you are treated for acne this will usually be for at least 6 weeks.
• It may take several weeks before you see an improvement in your acne. The full benefits may take much longer so it is important to finish taking all the capsules that the doctor has prescribed and return to see the doctor if that is what he/she told you to do.
• If your acne has not improved after 6 months, your doctor may tell you to stop taking Aknemin.
• If your treatment with Aknemin continues for more than 6 months, your doctor will need to see you regulary to check on your progress and to ensure you do not develop any side effects. If you take more Aknemin than you should Contact a doctor as soon as possible if you accidently exceed the prescribed dose as an overdose may be serious. The doctor will decide which measures should be taken. If you forget to take Aknemin If you forget to take a capsule at the usual time take it as soon as you remember that day. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten capsule. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Aknemin can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you experience any of the following serious side effects stop taking Aknemin straight away and contact your doctor:
• Allergic reactions, which may include collapse, breathlessness and difficulties in swallowing. 3
• Increased pressure in the brain resulting in lasting headache, feeling sick, being sick and changes in your eyesight including blurred vision.
• Persistant or worsening of diarrhoea, which can be a sign of a serious inflammation of the bowel.
• Difficulty in swallowing or pain when swallowing, which can be signs of inflammation and ulceration of the throat.
• Inflammatory reactions including fever.
• Serious illness with blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes and genitals.
Other side effects, that have been reported are listed below: Effects on the heart
Rarely, inflammation of the heart which can cause fever and chest pain. Effects on lungs
• Pneumonia with increase in eosinophils (a type of white blood cells). The symptoms you may experience are cough, fever, increasing breathlessness and night sweats. Effects on blood
• Reduction in blood platelets, which increases risk of bleeding or bruising.
• Reduction in white blood cells which makes infections more likely. Effects on the nervous system
• Headaches, light-headedness, dizziness, difficulty in controlling movements or vertigo.
Rarely numbness or tingling feelings may occur. Effects on the eyes
• In isolated cases, changes in the colour of the eye and of tears. Effects on the ears
Rarely, impaired hearing or ringing in the ears. Effects on the chest
Rarely, inflammation of the lung. Effects on the digestive system
• Loss of appetite, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, indigestion, or inflammation of the bowel.
• There have been isolated cases of inflammation of the pancreas. Effects on the kidneys
Rarely, damage to the kidneys was reported. Effects on the skin
Rarely skin reactions including rashes, inflammation of the skin and an increased sensitivity to the effects of the sun or sun lamps have been reported.
Rarely, hair loss occurred.
• Occasionally discolouration of the skin may occur. Rash. Also a condition known as DRESS syndrome which includes skin rash, fever, swelling, of lymph nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type f white blood cells). Allergic reactions
• These can include redness of skin and rashes, fever, joint pain and swelling.
• A condition known as polyartheritis nodosa which includes symptoms of fever, abdominal pain and muscle and joint aches. If you have any allergic reaction, stop taking Aknemin and contact your doctor. 4 Effects on the liver
• Abnormal liver function testsand rarely, an inflammation of the liver has been reported.
• Occasional occurence of liver failure or injury with raised blood bilirubin causing yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes. If you experience yellowing of the whites of your eyes or tummy pain, stop taking Aknemin and see your doctor. Other effects
• Occasionally, a discolouration of teeth, gums, tongue, mucous membranes or body fluids (eg perspiration) may occur. Reporting of side-effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Minocin
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not use Aknemin after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and blister pack after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. You should store Aknemin at room temperature (below 25°C) in its original pack. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environmen
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 to 3 weeks in North America and 4 to 6 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Minocin vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.