Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Hirudoid Cream (Heparinoid)
What Hirudoid Cream is and what it is used for
Hirudoid Cream contains the active substance heparinoid. Hirudoid Cream is a local anti-coagulant preparation which, when applied to the skin, relieves pain and inflammation in addition to promoting healing in superficial thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the veins) and bruising (including haematoma).
How to take Hirudoid Cream
External use only. Do not swallow.
• Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap.
• The amount of cream you use will depend on the size of the area being treated.
• Between 2 and 6 inches (5-15 cm) of cream should be gently massaged into the affected area at any one time.
• You can apply Hirudoid Cream up to four times a day.
• Do not exceed this dose.
• If the area is tender to touch, you can massage the cream into the skin surrounding the affected area.
• Remember to wash your hands after applying Hirudoid Cream, unless this is the area being treated.
• If you accidentally swallow some of this cream, it is unlikely to be serious. However, you should contact your doctor or a hospital casualty department
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Hirudoid Cream can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them.
Rarely, Hirudoid Cream can cause a rash in sensitive individuals. If this occurs, STOP using the cream and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Hirudoid Cream
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use Hirudoid Cream after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 to 3 weeks in North America and 4 to 6 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Hirudoid Cream vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.