(Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin Phosphate)
Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Duac Gel (Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin Phosphate)
What Duac Gel is and what it is used for
DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL contains two medicines: clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. DUAC ONCE
DAILY GEL belongs to a group of medicines known as ‘anti-acne preparations’.
DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL is used for treating mild to moderate acne on your skin.
• Clindamycin is an antibiotic which stops the bacteria involved in acne from reproducing.
• Benzoyl peroxide reduces blackheads and whiteheads. It also kills the bacteria involved in acne. Used together in DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL, these work by:
• fighting the bacteria that can cause acne
• treating existing blackheads, whiteheads, and spots
• lowering the number of red, inflamed acne spots DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL is for use by adults and adolescents aged twelve years or over
How to take Duac Gel
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or
pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Use DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL once a day in the evening.
• It may take 2-5 weeks before you see the effect of DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL.
• Do not use for more than 12 weeks at one time. Your doctor will tell you how long your treatment will last. How to apply DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL 1. Completely remove any make-up. 2. Wash the affected area of skin well. Then rinse with warm water and gently pat dry. 3. Put a thin film of gel on the entire area of affected skin, using your fingertips. 4. Apply to all of the areas of your skin which have acne, not just to the individual spots. If the gel does not rub into your skin easily, you are using too much.
• For your face only, use an amount of gel from the tube which reaches from the tip of your finger to the first joint (the first crease on your finger). This is a ‘finger tip’.
• For your face and back, use two and a half ‘finger tips’ in total. 5. If you get a lot of dryness or skin peeling, you can use an oil-free, fragrance free, hypoallergenic moisturiser, use DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL less frequently or stop treatment for a short period, to allow your skin to adjust to the treatment. This medicine may not work properly if it is not applied every day. 6. Wash your hands after using the gel. 7. After it has dried, you can use a non-greasy make-up. Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.If you use more DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL than you should
• Take care not to apply too much. Applying too much gel or applying it more frequently will not help your spots clear up more quickly, and may cause skin irritation. If this does happen, use the gel less often, or stop using it for a few days and then start again. If you accidentally swallow DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL
• If you do accidentally swallow the gel, seek medical advice. You may get symptoms similar to when you take antibiotics by mouth (an upset stomach). If you forget to use DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL
• Do not use a double dose to make up for forgotten individual doses.
• Apply the next dose at the usual time. Don’t stop DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL without advice Don’t use the gel for more than 12 weeks at one time, without talking to your doctor. Use DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL for as long as your doctor recommends. Don’t stop unless your doctor advises you to. It is important to continue to use the gel as prescribed by your doctor. If you stop too soon, your acne may return. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL and see a doctor straight away if you notice any of the
following serious side effects – you may need urgent medical treatment:
• signs of an allergic reaction (such as swelling of your face, eyes, lips or tongue, nettle rash or difficulty breathing, collapse)
• severe or prolonged diarrhoea, or abdominal cramps
• severe burning, peeling, or itching Other possible side effects: If you notice any of these side effects, try using DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL less often, or stop using it for one or two days and then start again.
Very common side effects (at least 1 in 10 people are affected) At site of application:
• Skin burning sensation, peeling, itching, dry skin
• Redness of your skin, especially during the first few weeks of use These side effects are generally mild.
Common side effects (less than 1 in 10 people are affected)
• Headache At the site of application:
• Sensitivity to sunlight, skin pain
• Red, itchy skin, rash (dermatitis)
Uncommon side effects (less than 1 in 100 people affected) At the site of application:
• Tingling (paraesthesia), worsening of acne
Other side effects
Other side effects have occurred in a very small number of people but their exact frequency is unknown:
• Allergic reactions
• Inflammation of the intestine, diarrhoea, including bloody diarrhoea, stomach pain At the site of application:
• Skin reactions, discoloration of the skin
• Raised itchy rash (hives)
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via (see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. United Kingdom the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Ireland HPRA Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace, IRL
•Dublin 2; Tel: +353 1 6764971; Fax: +353 1 6762517. Website: www.hpra.ie; E-mail: [email protected]
How to Store Duac Gel
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Pharmacist: Store in a refrigerator (2 °C-8 °C). Do not freeze. Patient: After you have received DUAC ONCE DAILY GEL from the pharmacist, do not store it above 25 °C, and discard after 2 months. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton (after “Exp:”). The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Duac Gel vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.