Brand Name Choices
What Dixarit is and what it is used for
The name of your medicine is CATAPRES Ampoules 150 micrograms in 1 ml Solution for Injection (called CATAPRES Ampoules in this leaflet). Your medicine is a solution for injection. CATAPRES Ampoules contain a medicine called clonidine. This belongs to a group of medicines called antihypertensives. CATAPRES is used to lower high blood pressure in cases of hypertensive crisis (a rapid rise in blood pressure that needs treating straight away)
How to take Dixarit
CATAPRES Ampoules are usually given by a
doctor or nurse. You will normally be given 1 to 2
CATAPRES Ampoules but over 24 hours up to 5
ampoules may be given.
Your doctor will start you on a low dose but may
increase the dose if you need more medicine to
control your blood pressure.
Receiving the injection
• CATAPRES Ampoules are slowly injected into a vein over 10-15 minutes
• CATAPRES Ampoules may be diluted with other solutions if needed CATAPRES Ampoules are not recommended for children or adolescents under 18 years old. If you have more CATAPRES Ampoules than you should It is unlikely that you will be given too much of this medicine. However, tell the doctor or nurse if you think that you have been given too much. If you have any further questions on the use of CATAPRES, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, CATAPRES Ampoules can
cause side effects, although not everybody gets
The side effects described below have been
experienced by people taking CATAPRES. They
are listed as either very common, common,
uncommon, rare or not known.
Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
• Dizziness, feeling tired and more relaxed than usual (sedation)
• Feeling dizzy when you stand up (because your blood pressure has fallen sharply)
• Dry mouth
Common (affects less than 1 in 10 people, more than 1 in 100 people)
• Depression, sleeping problems
• Constipation, feeling sick (nausea), pain below the ear (from the salivary gland), being sick (vomiting)
• Erectile dysfunction
Uncommon (affects less than 1 in 100 people, more than 1 in 1,000 people)
• Problems with understanding what is happening around you, hallucinations, nightmares
• Your hands and feet feeling different (‘altered sensation’)
• Regular unusually slow heart beat
• Raynaud’s phenomenon (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes)
• Itching, rash, urticaria (nettle rash)
• A feeling of discomfort and fatigue (‘malaise’)
Rare (affects less than 1 in 1,000 people, more than 1 in 10,000 people)
• Breast growth (‘gynaecomastia’) in men
• Dry eyes
• Irregular heartbeat
• Drying out of the lining of the nose
• Pseudo-obstruction of the large bowel, which causes colicky pain, vomiting and constipation. Contact your doctor straight away if you have all these side effects.
• Hair loss
• Increase in your blood sugar
• Confusion, loss of libido
• Blurred vision
• Abnormally slow heart beat Two cases of hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) have also been reported. This might show up in some blood tests. Your body may also hold onto more water than usual (fluid retention). 5 22F634
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly (see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. United Kingdom Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard Ireland HPRA Pharmacovigilance Earlsfort Terrace IRL – Dublin 2 Tel: +353 1 6764971 Fax: +353 1 6762517 Website: www.hpra.ie E-mail: [email protected]
How to Store Dixarit
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. The ampoules should not be stored above 30°C and should be kept in the outer carton. CATAPRES Ampoules should not be used after the expiry date which is stated on the ampoule label and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Dixarit vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.