Brand Name Choices
What Ditropan is and what it is used for
What Ditropan Tablets are Ditropan Tablets contains a medicine called oxybutynin hydrochloride. This belongs to two groups of medicines called 'anticholinergics' and 'antispasmodics'. How Ditropan Tablets work It works by relaxing the muscles of the bladder and stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms). This helps control the release of water (urine). What Ditropan Tablets are used for Ditropan Tablets can be used in adults and children 5 years or older to treat:
• Loss of control in passing water (urinary incontinence)
• Increased need or urgency to pass water (urine)
• Night time bedwetting, when other treatments have not worked
How to take Ditropan
Always take Ditropan Tablets exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Taking this medicine
• Take this medicine by mouth
• Swallow the tablets with a glass of water
• Do not give this medicine to children under 5 years old
• If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor 2 Other medicines and Ditropan Tablets 648768_NT DITROPAN 2,5/5MG RL S1 GB.qxp_FORMAT 210x170mm-RL-DBL.qxd 16/08/16 13:26 Page2 How much to take Your doctor will decide the dose appropriate for you. Adults
• The usual dose is one 5mg tablet two or three times each day
• Your doctor may decide to increase to the maximum dose of 5mg four times each day Elderly
• The usual dose is 2.5mg twice each day
• Your doctor may decide to increase this to 5mg twice each day Children (over 5 years)
• The usual dose is one 2.5mg tablet twice each day
• Your doctor may decide to increase this to one 5mg two or three times each day
• If you are giving it to a child to prevent bedwetting, give the last dose just before bedtime If you take more Ditropan Tablets than you should If you take more Ditropan Tablets than you should, tell a doctor or go to a hospital casualty department straight away. Take the medicine pack with you. This is so the doctor knows what you have taken. Taking too much Ditropan Tablets can be very dangerous. You may become very restless or excited, flushed or get dizzy or light-headed. Your heart beat may become very fast, uneven or forceful. You may get breathing problems or numbness or go into a coma. If you forget to take Ditropan Tablets If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop taking Ditropan Tablets Keep taking Ditropan Tablets until your doctor tells you to stop. Do not stop taking Ditropan Tablets just because you feel better.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines Ditropan Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Children are at higher risk of the effects. Stop taking Ditropan Tablets and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if: Frequency unknown
• You have an allergic reaction. The signs may include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your, lips, face, throat or tongue
• You may feel reduced sweating, leading to overheating in hot environments Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects get serious or lasts longer than a few days:
Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
• Dry mouth
• Dry skin, rash or skin that is more sensitive to the sun
• Somnolence (feeling drowsy or sleepy)
• Blurring of vision
Common (affects 1 to 10 people in a 100 people)
• Dry eyes
• Being sick (vomiting)
• Flushing especially in children
Uncommon (affects 1 to 10 people in a 1,000)
• Stomach pain
• Loss of appetite (anorexia)
• Difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia) Frequency unknown
• Increased pressure in the eyes sometimes sudden and painful with blurred vision or loss of vision (glaucoma)
• Indigestion or heartburn (acid reflux)
• Urinary tract infection
• Heat stroke
• Difficulty passing water (urine)
• Becoming dependent on Ditropan
• Feeling excessive suspicious and distrustful of others
• Mental Health disorders
• Seeing or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations)
• Fits (convulsions)
• Increased heart beat (tachycardia)
• Irregular heart beat (arrhythmia)
• Dilation of pupil (mydriasis)
• Itchy, lumpy rash (urticaria)
• Absence of sweating (hypohidrosis)
• Skin that is more sensitive to the sun (photosensitivity) 3 648768_NT DITROPAN 2,5/5MG RL S1 GB.qxp_FORMAT 210x170mm-RL-DBL.qxd 16/08/16 13:26 Page3
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. United Kingdom You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard Malta You can also report side effects directly via ADR Reporting www.medicinesauthority.gov.mt/adrportal By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Ditropan
Keep this medicine in a safe place where children cannot see or reach it. Do not use Ditropan Tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the blister or carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 30'C. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Ditropan vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.