Diprosalic Scalp Solution
(Betamethasone Dipropionate/Salicylic Acid)
Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Diprosalic Scalp Solution (Betamethasone Dipropionate/Salicylic Acid)
What Diprosalic Scalp Solution is and what it is used for
Diprosalic Scalp Application contains two active ingredients, betamethasone dipropionate and salicylic acid. Betamethasone dipropionate is one of a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids. It is classified as a “potent corticosteroid”.These medicines are put on the surface of the skin to reduce the redness and itchiness caused by certain skin problems. Salicylic acid softens the top layer of scales on the surface of the skin, which are caused by your skin problem. This allows the betamethasone dipropionate to reach the diseased skin underneath to help heal it. In adults and children, Diprosalic Scalp Application is used to treat skin conditions where the outer surface of the skin is covered by a layer of scales. Your scalp application will remove the layer of scales and reduce the redness and itchiness caused by your skin problem.
How to take Diprosalic Scalp Solution
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Recommended dose Usually for adults and children, a few drops of Diprosalic Scalp Application should be gently and completely rubbed into the affected area of scalp twice a day. You should always follow these instructions when using Diprosalic Scalp Application:
• Only use this scalp application on your scalp.
• Do not use a large amount of scalp application for a long time (for example every day for many weeks or months).
• Avoid getting the scalp application in your eyes or inside your nose or mouth. Use in children Use as stated above. Do not use this scalp application on your child's scalp for more than 5 days. If you use more Diprosalic Scalp Application than you should If you (or somebody else) accidentally swallows the scalp application, it should not cause any problems. However, if you are worried, you should see your doctor. If you use the scalp application more often than you should, or more than prescribed, it can affect some of your hormones. In children this may affect their growth and development. It also may cause you to feel and/or be sick and to hear ringing in your ears. If you have not used the scalp application as you were told to do and have used it too often and/or for a long time, you should tell your doctor or pharmacist.If you forget to use Diprosalic Scalp Application If you forget to use your scalp application at the right time, use it as soon as you remember, then carry on as before. If you stop using Diprosalic Scalp Application If you have been using this medicine for a long time and your scalp problem seems to have got better, you should not suddenly stop using this medicine. If you do, you may find that your scalp becomes red and you may notice stinging and burning. To avoid this, you should speak to your doctor who will gradually reduce how often you need to use this medicine until you stop treatment altogether. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Most people find that when the scalp application is used correctly, it does not cause any problems. However, if you use the scalp application more often than you should, it can cause the following:
• Thinning of the skin, stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, itching, burning, skin rash, dryness of the skin and you may notice red marks. This can happen more easily in infants and children.
• Inflammation of the skin follicles, excessive hair growth, reduced skin pigmentation and allergic reactions.
• Dermatitis (skin inflammation), a condition brought on by the skin reacting to outside agents e.g. detergents, causing the skin to become red and itchy.
• Blurred vision
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Diprosalic Scalp Solution
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the label and carton after 'Use by'. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not store above 25°C. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Diprosalic Scalp Solution vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.