Brand Name Choices
What Differin Cream is and what it is used for
The active substance in Differin is adapalene which has an anti-inflammatory effect reducing soreness and irritation.
• It is used on the face, chest or back for acne, where the skin may have lots of blackheads, spots and pimples.
• Differin is only absorbed into the body in very small amounts, and has little effect, except on the surface of the skin.
How to take Differin Cream
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Differin is only intended for use in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over.
• This medicine is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
• Differin is applied at night before going to bed, unless your doctor has told you otherwise.
• Thoroughly wash the areas to be treated with water. Make sure the skin is clean and dry before using this medicine.
• Put a thin film of the cream with your fingertips on to the affected areas and rub in gently.
• Do not forget to wash your hands afterwards.
• How long you will have to use this medicine will depend on how quickly your acne improves. After you have used this medicine for 3 months, it is important that you see your doctor. He or she can then check the improvement of your acne. If you use more Differin than you should or accidentally swallow any of the cream
• If you put too much Differin on your skin, you will not get rid of your acne any quicker, but your skin may become irritated and red. Some peeling or discomfort could also occur.
• In the rare event that you accidentally swallow any of this medicine, seek medical advice. If you forget to use Differin Don’t worry if you forget to apply your Differin at the right time. When you remember, start using this medicine again, in the same way as before. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Differin Cream may cause the following side effects at the site of application.
Common: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
•irritation of the skin
•burning sensation of the skin
•redness of the skin (erythema)
Uncommon: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
•local skin reaction (contact dermatitis)
•itching of the skin (pruritus)
•peeling skin (exfoliation)
•flare up of acne
Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
•allergic contact reaction
•pain or swelling of the skin
•irritation, redness, itching or swelling of the eyelids
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Differin Cream
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Keep the medicine in its original container. Do not store above 25°C. Do not freeze. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Differin Cream vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.