Brolene Eye Drops
Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Brolene Eye Drops (Propamidine)
What Brolene Eye Drops is and what it is used for
Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops contain a medicine called chloramphenicol. This belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria, allowing your body to fi ght off the infection. Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops are used to treat minor infections of the eye or eyelid caused by bacteria (bacterial conjunctivitis). Signs include sore, red or infl amed eyes, sticky discharge or crust on the lids.
How to take Brolene Eye Drops
Always use Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops exactly as your
doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should check
with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Using this medicine
• Use the eye drops during waking hours only
• Do not use for more than 5 days without talking to your doctor How to use this medicine
• Wash your hands
• Remove the cap from the bottle
• Tilt your head back
• Squeeze one drop inside the lower lid without touching your eye with the bottle
• Close your eye
• Wipe away any excess liquid from the eye with a clean tissue
• Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it How much to use Adults, Elderly and Children over 2 years of age
• One drop in the affected eye every two hours for the fi rst 2 days (48 hours)
• After the fi rst 2 days, one drop in the affected eye every four hours
• Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if your symptoms do not improve within 2 days or if your eyes get worse
• Keep using the eye drops for 5 days even if your symptoms improve If you forget to use Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops If you forget a dose, use your drops as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not use a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop using Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops Keep using the eye drops for 5 days even if your symptoms improve. Do not stop using Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops just because your eye(s) feel better. If you stop, your infection may come back. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops can
cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops and see a
doctor as soon as possible if:
•You get any kind of skin problem, such as a rash or itching around your eyes or they become more red
•You bruise more easily than usual or you get infections more easily or frequently than usual. You may also feel tired or weak Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects get serious or lasts longer than a few days:
•Stinging or burning in your eyes. This should only last for a short time and occurs immediately after using the eye drops
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leafl et. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Brolene Eye Drops
Keep this medicine in a safe place where children cannot see or reach it. Do not use Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops after the expiry date which is stated on the label and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store in the fridge (between 2°C and 8°C) and protect from light. Brolene Antibiotic Eye Drops are sterile when you buy them. Discard any drops remaining after 5 days of use. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
About Medix Pharmacy
Medix Pharmacy is a fully licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom who provides competitive pricing on brand and generic medications with international shipping.
We are regulated by a number of executive government agencies in the United Kingdom including the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the GPhC to ensure we offer our customers the highest level of service and peace of mind knowing that the medicines that you receive are safe, effective and authentic.
Drug prices for Brolene Eye Drops vary throughout the world with the highest prices generally in the United States. Patients can save significantly on their prescriptions drugs when purchasing them from a licensed pharmacy in the United Kingdom and other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.